SA circular economy grants now open
South Australia’s Circular Economy Market Development Grants Program will provide up to $100,000 in funding per applicant for market development projects involving recycled materials.
Local councils, industry associations, not-for-profit organisations, research institutes and businesses that design, apply and scale-up innovative circular economy business models and practices or produce, manufacture, sell or promote South Australian recycled materials and/or recycled-content products are all eligible to apply for grant funding.
The Circular Economy Market Development Grants Program objectives are intended to:
- Accelerate adoption of circular economy business models and practices
- Increase duration of product and material lifecycles and value
- Facilitate an ongoing increase in the quality, performance and market demand for recycled materials and recycled content products
- Create or expand market opportunities for new, sustainable products made from recycled materials or existing recycled-content products
- Improve the quality and supply of waste feedstock for use in manufacturing recycled-content products, and improve market confidence/acceptance in the recycled materials and recycled-content products
- Connect buyers with suppliers for recycled materials and recycled-content products
Projects must target priority waste materials such as plastics, paper and cardboard, glass, scrap metals, textiles, e-waste, tyres and organics.