Name a new train station
The Level Crossing Removal Project is removing the dangerous and congested level crossings at Union Road, Surrey Hills and Mont Albert Road, Mont Albert by lowering the tracks and building a new, safer station with better facilities and more train services.
A contract has been awarded and early works have started, with the boom gates to be gone for good in 2023.
Following extensive consultation on the project’s designs, they are now seeking feedback on 5 potential names for the new premium station.
The 5 proposed names are:
- Surrey Hills Station (based on the location of the station car parks)
- Mont Albert Station (based on the location of the station concourses and platforms)
- Beresford Station (based on the proximity of the station to Beresford Street)
- Union Station (based on proximity of the station to Union Road)
- Surrey Albert Station (based on the new station serving two localities)
To have your say on the new station name, complete the feedback submission form on Engage Victoria.
Submit your feedback by 11.59pm Sunday 21 November 2021.