The Mernda Rail Extension Project will include:
– a new premium station at Mernda integrated with the future Mernda Town Centre
– two new stations near Marymede Catholic College and Hawkstowe Parade
– up to 2000 car parking spaces as well as bicycle storage and bus facilities around all stations
– three new rail underpasses and two overpasses meaning no level crossings
– new walking and cycling connections into the existing paths new stations schools and Plenty Gorge Park
– a train stabling yard in Mernda
– around 1200 construction jobs and more than 1800 jobs in other businesses and industries in the area.