MABEN GROUP TO REDEVELOP 299 BOURKE STREET, MELBOURNE
Newmarket Capital appoints Maben Group to begin transforming Melbourne’s CBD with the rebirth of the iconic building created in the 1930s for Coles.
The development of the former David Jones menswear store is scheduled to commence in the third quarter of 2022 to accommodate prestige retail stores and premium office space.
299 Bourke Street is considered a legacy project which will combine:
- Refurbishment of the entire building
- Restoration of heritage elements
- A new structure in a challenging environment
- The basement, ground and first floors will be dedicated to a premium retail offering with MECCA opening their new Australian flagship store.
- Rodd and Gunn will launch their new Lodge Bar and Dining retail concept fronting Little Collins Street.
- The building’s upper floors will be transformed into large, loft-style office spaces with high ceilings.
- All five upper floors will be occupied by media agency group Clemenger
- New rooftop terraces will complete the development
It is expected construction will commence in the coming months