CONTRACT AWARDED TO JV FOR RAIL DUPLICATION VICTORIA
The Djilang Alliance (a joint venture between Downer, McConnell Dowell, Arup and WSP) has been awarded a contract to deliver the South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Duplication project.
- Duplication of approximately eight kilometres of track
- Building of elevated rail bridges to replace level crossings at Fyans Street and the Surf Coast Highway
- Signalling upgrades
- New station buildings at Marshall and South Geelong
- Landscaped forecourts, second platforms and accessible pedestrian overpasses
Benefits will be:
- Five trains will run every hour at peak times
- New elevated rail bridges will improve travel times and safety
- Eased congestion for more than 36,000 motorists
Major construction will commence later this year with a target completion date of late 2024.
Read more…Read more…