The focus can be on relationships, time management, presentation skills, improving assertiveness, negotiation skills to name a few. Coaching is usually booked for a set of sessions.
We believe the key to a successful coaching relationship is the creation of a successful “partnership” between coach and coachee based upon mutual respect. The coachee needs to believe that the coach possesses the multi-faceted competence necessary to be able to:
- Challenge their perspectives
- Suggest alternative ways of thinking and tools
- Motivate them to aspire to more
- Follow through on commitments
They also need to develop the confidence that the coach acts in their best interests, with the overall aim being to evaluate what could/should be different, and then exploring together how to achieve such improvement.
Our approach uses the latest research from a number of sources, including management theory, psychology, philosophy, sociology and bio-medical research.
Examples of topics, which can be included in a tailored coaching program are:
- Understanding and managing the five elements which impact personal wellbeing
- Developing emotional intelligence – understanding self and understanding others
- Growing your personal brand
- Managing stress
- Leadership principles
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Planning and organising
- Effective Decision-making
- Handling conflict
- Developing Assertiveness
- Developing Resilience
- Coping effectively with change
- The art of influencing others
- Conducting effective performance appraisals
- Dealing with challenging/underperforming staff
- Work/life balance
- Interviewing techniques
- Presentation skills
To assist in the self-awareness aspect, we use a complementary Personality Profiling session as part of the coaching program.
Due to a range of variables, we believe it is difficult to predict at the outset how many sessions will be required to achieve specific outcomes.
These variables include the coachee’s capacity to develop; their commitment to outcomes; the complexity of the changes desired; and the influence of external factors.
We would suggest that the coach and coachee undertake a review of progress after 4- 6 se
ssions to determine outcomes achieved, and plan future requirements. It is our aim to empower subjects to increase their effectiveness so that they are able to develop independence as soon as possible, and we feel it is therefore important to design an individual Development Program for each coachee.
- to better understand personal and professional strengths and weaknesses
- to develop effective strategies to enhance strengths and minimise weaknesses
- to develop confidence to trial new approaches
- to learn effective ways to review and evaluate progress
- to learn specific new skills based upon Development Plan criteria
- to learn how to self-motivate so that progress is maintained
Notes are taken at and subsequent to, each session so that the coach can review the detail and prepare for the next session where appropriate
We will compile an individual program for you based on your needs.
The monthly fee includes program compilation, a 1.5 hour face-to-face session (and preparation by the coach), tracking and reviewing progress, and intermittent contact (if required by phone and email).
Typically, there would be one session per month, but it can be beneficial at the commencement of the program to have fortnightly meetings so that faster traction is achieved
Let us share some of the feedback we regularly receive from our coaching sessions:
“The difference in the way I think since starting my coaching sessions is amazing. I have developed an awareness about the way I think and work that I never imagined” …RJ
“I thoroughly enjoyed our session on negotiation skills. I will be able to use what I have learnt today, everyday in my job, to my benefit and the Company’s benefit” …HD
“Rosemary, I’d like to express my sincere thanks for our coaching sessions we have had so far. It has totally changed the way I operate and how I approach relationships both at home and at work” …PN
Who should attend: individuals, teams
Duration: 1 or multiple sessions as required
Venue: online, face-to-face
Phone: 0456 134 634