$73M to seal 150 kilometres of the Tanami Road in NT
A $73 million tender has been awarded to seal parts of the Tanami Road in Central Australia
- Contract awarded to Northern Territory business Exact Contracting
- Construction for the first stage of the works
- Also planning for the second stage
The Tanami Road is:
- A vital inter-regional link connecting Alice Springs to Western Australia
- A key freight route for the mining and pastoral industries
- Services several Indigenous communities
- An important access road for tourists.
Works on the first 60-kilometre section expected to commence in July 2022 and completed by September 2023.
Construction on the second stage is projected for October 2023.
Article: Leon Cranswick