$60M for Sydney to Parramatta active pathway project
The New South Wales Government will kickstart the proposed Sydney CBD to Parramatta active pathway project.
The Parramatta to Sydney Foreshore Link will:
- Connect the Sydney Opera House to Parramatta Park
- Be a 91-kilometre continuous pathway for both pedestrians and cyclists
- Traverse 18 suburbs
- Enhance Sydney’s stunning natural vistas along the Parramatta River
- Encourage healthy lifestyles
The funding will progress the project to its next stages including:
- Design of the initial project stages
- Solutions for remaining inaccessible foreshore sections
- Prioritisation of works in consultation with councils.
Writer: Leon Cranswick