$500M for NSW fast rail expected
The expectation is for funding to go to the first stage of the Northern Corridor contributing to:
- two new electrified tracks between Tuggerah and Wyong
- new platforms and station upgrades
- new bridges – including over the Wyong River.
It is expected the improvements could cut travel times
- between Sydney and Newcastle to one hour
- Sydney and Gosford to 25 minutes
- Sydney to Wollongong to 45 minutes.
The fast rail will support Sydney’s population which is set to rise by a further 3.7 million by 2060
Article by Leon Cranswick