$219M for Mickleham Road Upgrade in Melbourne’s north
The upgrades are aimed at improved safety and travel time for the busy road which currently carries around 25,000 vehicles a day and growing.
- Stage 1 will involve:
- Building extra lanes in both directions between Somerton Road and Dellamore Boulevard
- Adding new traffic lights at the Aitken College intersection
- Replacing the roundabout at Somerton Road and Mickleham Road with traffic lights
- Upgrading the Hillview Road and Dellamore Boulevard intersections
- Building new sections of walking and cycling paths.