$2.2Bn Coffs Harbour Bypass contract awarded
In a joint venture, Gamuda Australia and Ferrovial Construction will design and construct the new bypass, with major construction to begin early in 2023.
The project will:
- Upgrade around 14km of the Pacific Highway at Coffs Harbour
- Deliver four lanes of divided motorway bypassing the Coffs Harbour CBD
- Take 12,000 vehicles out of the centre of town
- Save motorists 12 minutes by avoiding up to 12 sets of traffic lights
- Be the biggest infrastructure project in the town’s history
- Employ 600 direct jobs during construction.
- Be open to traffic from late 2026
Benefits will include:
- Local jobs in construction
- Safer and faster commutes for locals
- Boost flood resistance