$150m Carpentaria Highway upgrades
Multiple contracts have been awarded to deliver major upgrades across the Carpentaria Highway in the NT.
Key aspects :
- To be delivered in two separate stages over two years.
- A design and construct tender has been awarded to Exact Contracting for $67 million for stage one.
- Stage one will include the first 48km of the Carpentaria Highway sue for completion by April 2023.
- Stage two will see upgrades from chainage 50km to chainage 140km.
- This will include a raised two-lane sealed road to improve flood immunity and culverts to improve cross drainage.