$130m TASMAN BRIDGE UPGRADE DESIGNS RELEASED
Designs for Hobart’s $130 million Tasman Bridge Pathways Upgrade have been released for public consultation.
This is the first major upgrade to the bridge since 1975
Built in 1965 to replace the Hobart Bridge, the Tasman Bridge has become one of Tasmania’s most iconic landmarks.
The upgrades will include:
- Adding a 3.5 metre pathway on each side of the bridge for better pedestrian and cyclist access
- Heightened safety barriers
- Upgraded maintenance infrastructure
- Feature and security lighting
- Structural strengthening to support the upgrades and allow for future traffic demands
- A new lane use management system for peak-hour lane control
A tender for the final design and construction of the project will be released in late 2022
Construction is expected to commence mid-2023.